Hello & Welcome 🙏🏼

• Hello & Welcome 🙏🏼

Posted by Zena Me on 2024-01-23 at 13:28

As you join this group I invite you to say what has called you to this forum and what questions you may have. I’m also interested in your thoughts on Eldership and it’s role in constellations. The purpose of the forum is to explore the connection between constellators and elders. It’s also to start the conversation about finding our niche as an elder in our businesses and communities. If you feel you have laready found yours I’d love to know.

Stephanie Hartung replied 2 months, 1 week ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Nina Ishtar

2024-01-24 at 08:52

It is you Zena! Your wise and skilful energy. I also have a lot of energy for boldly exploring so I want to inhabit a space in the constellation community for radical and not so radical explorations and encourage others to go where no one may have yet dared . . .

• Zena Me

Organizer
      2024-01-24 at 15:38

I thought it was you Nina, how amazing to see you here. Yes, that’s one of the functions of an Elder, their visionary gifts! 😃 Below is the link to join my Community of Elders. If you sign up you’ll get a weekly newsletter and invites to the free monthly online workshops where we discuss and share our visions and ideas with each other.

The workshop may not be good for your time zone (it’s 12.30 -1.30pm UK time) but if you sign up you’ll get the recording. Here’s the link to join.

https://communityofelders.carrd.co/

and here’s details of the next free online workshop…

https://events.humanitix.com/transforming-social-systems-healing-organisational-and-institutional-trauma

Nina, you’d be our FIRST Australian ‘Elder’ member and I know you deeply love the indigenous wisodm from your country, so perhaps we can attract more of this too… I’m excited to see what will emerge.

• Nina Ishtar

2024-01-25 at 04:27

Hi Zena you remember well. As Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are the oldest documented culture we know of on the planet and where indeed the practice of elders originated from, we indeed owe a lot to this ancient and wise culture.

Sounds great what you are doing. See somewhere soon!

• Stephanie Hartung

2024-01-24 at 16:49

Approaching individual, organisational, and societal systems from two perspectives – psychology and systems theory – my focus is on systemic dysfunction, which can also be understood as underlying trauma structures. The older and ‘elder’ I get, the more I understand that the biggest challenges we face in life are about saying yes, and allowing connection.

With the artist’s position of ‘outlaw’ and a background in economics and Gestalt therapy, I am dedicated to reconnection and consent. This is my eldership niche.

• Zena Me

Organizer
      2024-02-14 at 15:22

Thanks Stephanie 🙏🏼. How brilliant that you have travelled across different fields to bring something so wonderful together. I’m wondering now ‘Who’ are your ‘people’. ‘Who’ are you a fit for? Who are your community? For sure I know that you ‘show up’ for Constellators and ‘Wanna be Constellators’ who are both rebellious and who want to open up the field to those who don’t yet know this field. For those who are ready to be ‘seen’… 💜

• Stephanie Hartung

2024-02-15 at 11:41

The foundation of any wisdom in whatever culture, religion, and belief is that whatever exists was born out of a connection. It develops in connections and unfolds in connections. “My people” are those who take the courage to face that.

• Hilde Van Bulck

2024-01-25 at 16:51

The older I get, the younger I feel.

I feel that my life and business plan is stretching out for many more years.

• Zena Me

Organizer
      2024-02-14 at 15:25

Absolutely Hilde. Elders are ‘young at heart’ for sure. There is no retirement from Eldering, it’s a function withing human society. That’s like you saying you’ll stop being a Mother, Daughter etc. I know your work is in Education, so I’m curious to know ‘who’ you show up for as an Elder? 💜

• Eimear O’Neill

2024-02-10 at 19:26

I’m Irish born and educated, childhood 2-12 amongst the Ashanti in Ghana, and have spent the last 50 years of my adult life as a therapist for collective trauma, working in a diversity of indigenous communities in Eastern Canada. Elder ship in most indigenous traditions , including my own, is less about age and more about commitment to the indigenous knowledges, traditions and care for the Earth of one’s peoples and all our relations in the much more than human world. I trained formally in constellations with Francesca Mason Boring… and took workshops with elders like Albrecht Marr and Sneh because they held that consciousness.

Right now, in constellations work, there is need for that consciousness especially in North America or anywhere that forgets the indigenous roots of constellations and tries to make it solely a business rather than souly a commitment to healing the Field of human consciousness and unconsciousness. That is why this group appeals to me.

• Zena Me

Organizer
      2024-02-14 at 15:29

Gosh! Eimear, so much that you say resonates with me. Thank you for sharing and for connecting into this Forum. These words resonated with me and the research I have done so far in Eldership: “Elder ship in most indigenous traditions , including my own, is less about age and more about commitment to the indigenous knowledges, traditions and care for the Earth of one’s peoples and all our relations in the much more than human world“. It reminds me of the importance of ‘Place’ and the ‘Land’ our Ancestors came from. Do you connect with the Celtic mythology in your work? And I’m wondering how you then work with that and the Indigenous Canadian mythology? 💜